Motieka & Audzevičius arbitration team once again was recognized by the Global Arbitration Review (GAR). GAR 100 is the prestigious guide to law firms “approved” for international arbitration.
Recent track record noticed by GAR 100:
- The firm promoted Rimantas Daujotas and Justinas Jarusevicius to the partnership, doubling the number of partners with arbitration experience.
- Acting for construction company owner Donatas Aleksandravicius, the firm led the first known investment treaty claim against Denmark, over actions taken by members of a local trade union against his company’s activities in the state.
- It is acting for ICOR in a €240 million dispute with the Lithuanian energy ministry. The dispute is connected to an ICSID claim that France’s Veolia is pursuing against the state.
- Lithuanian printing company Garsų pasaulis is using the firm for a €65 million claim against Kyrgyzstan concerning the expropriation of a project to produce biometric passports for Kyrgyz citizens.
- Acting for a Lithuanian energy company, it obtained a €4 million award in a Stockholm-seated ICC arbitration against a global energy group, and is now defending the award in the Swedish courts, where it is facing a public policy challenges related to corruption allegations.
- It is acting for two clients in four interrelated arbitrations against a German company at the Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The dispute relates to long-term supply agreements, overpayments, and cross-border set-offs.
- Andrius Lukosevicius, head of legal for Garsų pasaulis, says the firm has a “very advanced team which is able to compete on an international level”, providing “excellent strategic advice”. Partner Rimantas Daujotas is “one of the most experienced lawyers in the market”.
- Živilė Dukštaitė, director of legal at ICOR, says the team’s members are “hardworking” and have “massive drive and ambition to succeed and win the best result for the client”.
- Another client that the firm is advising in a shareholder dispute says it has a “well-educated and very experienced team, flexible billing arrangements, and impeccable work ethics”.