Motieka & Audzevičius arbitration team was recognized by the Global Arbitration Review (GAR) in the prestigious guide GAR 100 to law firms “approved” for international arbitration.
Recent track record noticed by GAR 100:
- Defending ICOR as a co-respondent with French utility Veolia in a 240 million EUR lawsuit brought by the Lithuanian energy ministry in a Vilnius court.
- Helped secure a payout for the Lithuanian special purpose vehicle Natura Furniture in a dispute with a General Electric subsidiary. Having secured the client a 2.6 million EUR award in 2018 against the US multinational, partner Rimantas Daujotas worked to defend the award in the Swedish courts alongside local counsel in Stockholm.
- Representing Lithuanian printing company Garsų Pasaulis in a 65 million EUR claim against Kyrgyzstan concerning the expropriation of a project to produce biometric passports.
- Successfully representing two clients in four interrelated arbitrations against a German company at the Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The dispute related to long-term supply agreements, overpayments and cross-border set-offs.
- Andrius Lukoševičius, head of legal for Garsų Pasaulis, says the firm has the most advanced arbitration team in the Baltic region and can handle complex and high-value international arbitrations. He also hails partner Daujotas as one of the best international arbitration lawyers in the region.
- Another client also commends the firm’s ability to handle complex international disputes while praising its “network, availability, expertise, reporting and strategy decisions”.