Motieka & Audzevičius arbitration team was recognized by the Global Arbitration Review (GAR) for the seventh time in a row. GAR 100 is the guide to specialist international arbitration practices.
The GAR 100 offers advice on practices of all sizes from all parts of the world, all audited by GAR. It’s grown beyond the original 100 firms: there are 185 firms in the 15th edition.
Recent track record noticed by GAR 100
- Our arbitration team is defending ICOR as a co-respondent with Veolia in a EUR 240 million lawsuit brought by the Lithuanian energy ministry in a Vilnius court. The claims were originally submitted as a counterclaim in an ICSID case but were withdrawn in light of the Achmea ruling on intra-EU investment arbitration.
- The firm advised businessman Donatas Aleksandravicius in the first known investment treaty claim against Denmark before he dropped the claim in 2021.
- Lithuanian printing company Garsų Pasaulis is using the firm for a EUR 65 million claim against Kyrgyzstan concerning the expropriation of a project to produce biometric passports.
- Andrius Lukosevicius, head of legal for Garsų Pasaulis, says the firm has the most advanced arbitration team in the Baltic region and can handle complex and high-value international arbitrations. He also hails partner Daujotas as one of the best international arbitration lawyers in the region.
- Another client also commends the firm’s ability to handle complex international disputes while praising its “network, availability, expertise, reporting and strategy decisions”.
- Yet another client praises Audzevičius’s “deep knowledge of arbitration”.
More information about the 15th edition of GAR 100 could be found here.