Chambers Global 2022 recognized Motieka & Audzevičius among the best Lithuanian law firms in Dispute Resolution and Corporate/Commercial practice areas.
Motieka’s Dispute Resolution team climbs to the top tier this year as a result of strong market support and visibility on key cases in Lithuania. According to Chambers and Partners, our disputes-focused firm boasts a solid track record in domestic and international litigation and arbitration matters. The team is particularly well regarded for handling complex commercial conflicts. Motieka is a popular choice among domestic companies as well as corporates from the wider CEE and CIS regions, regularly cooperating with regional and international law firms.
Notable practitioners in Dispute Resolution:
- Ramūnas Audzevičius has an outstanding reputation as a litigator, regularly acting on disputes involving shareholder agreements and contractual breaches, and particularly active in cases where there is a strong cross-border element. “He grasps the issue very quickly and gives straightforward answers,” a client says.
- Jovitas Elzbergas’ practice spans litigation and arbitration matters, offering a notable strength in construction disputes. A source says that his “performance during hearings and negotiations constantly makes us comfortable that our company’s interests are well represented and defended.”
- Albertas Šekštelo is instructed to assist clients with both litigation and arbitration mandates. “He is a very efficient negotiator,” a client says. Another adds: “He’s able to meet very demanding deadlines at the same time as keeping the deep approach to the matter.”
- Rimantas Daujotas enters the rankings as a result of increasing visibility and positive market support. His key area is international arbitration. “He is ready to guide his clients across a variety of complex proceedings,” a client says.
A well-regarded team assisting with M&A, private equity investments and corporate structuring issues. The department advises domestic and international clients on domestic and cross-border investments. It represents clients from the aviation and financial services industries as well as in the energy and TMT sectors.
Notable practitioner in Corporate and Commercial:
- Giedrius Kolesnikovas climbs the rankings on the basis of strong market feedback. He advises on a variety of large corporate transactions spanning the technology, private equity and agricultural domains. “He managed complex negotiations well; he has a holistic view on the advice,” a client says, adding: “He searches for solutions.”