We are a result-driven Financial Services & Compliance team. We act as legal consultants for financial institutions and Fintech companies: specialised banks, credit unions, electronic money and payment institutions, consumer credit providers, investment funds and other financial market players. We are also helping to start providing financial services to the new market entrants.
WHY OUR TEAM?
- Specialised team. Our Financial Law and Compliance Group has 3 team members who specialise exclusively in the financial services sector and advise on matters related to compliance law.
- Internationally recognised competencies. International Law Handbooks Chambers Europe and IFLR 1000 2020 have recognised us and our team members as leaders in Lithuania in matters relating to Fintech company law.
- Exceptional specialised knowledge. Our specialists have gained knowledge of the Fintech industry in specialised study programmes at international universities, including Oxford, Queen Mary, the London School of Economics and Political Science, and ISM.
- International FinTech experience. Our clients’ portfolios contain Fintech companies from Great Britain, Israel, Germany, the Netherlands, and Poland as well as Lithuanian Fintech start-ups operating in the international market.
- Experience in representing clients in disputes with the Bank of Lithuania. We effectively represent financial institutions during inspections carried out by the Bank of Lithuania, and when a dispute is referred to court, we defend our client’s interests there. We have successful experience in this area, both in negotiations and in litigation.
- Trusted by known market names. We are entrusted with financial law and compliance matters by such well-known names as Fjord Bank, Orion Securities, Finansų Bitė, UAB, Finansų Bitė Verslui, Žabolis ir Partneriai capital management, Newsec Advisers LT, etc.
Contribution to the FinTech business environment
- Working together with local authorities to build a more attractive legal environment for the sector. We take an active role in the public debate with authorities and institutions, putting forward suggestions informed by our practical experience that are aimed at improving the legal environment for Fintech.
- Instrumental in shaping the market understanding of FinTech. We take an active role in many of sector’s most important associations. As part of the Infobalt’s association Fintech Lithuania group, we have initiated the establishment of a resolution group on issues relating to anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing, and we are responsible for the implementation of this initiative.
- We contribute to the training of Fintech specialists.We are also dedicated to fostering a greater understanding of the legislative backdrop of the Fintech field. This is why we have been presenting the Fintech sector to Master’s degree Financial Engineering students at VilniusTech University for the past few years, and we also actively share our professional insights at Fintech sector events.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
We foster a sincere and friendly relationship with our clients and accompany them in all business cycles: from obtaining the appropriate license, compliance advice to assistance in resolving disputes with supervisors or users of financial services. We advise Lithuanian financial institutions, intermediaries, credit institutions, investment companies, fund and asset managers on all issues related to financial law. Therefore, our services in this area include:
- establishment of financial institutions;
- assistance in obtaining operating licenses (payment institutions, electronic money, financial broker);
- drafting of operating agreements for financial institutions;
- development of internal policies and procedures for the provision of financial services,
- ensuring compliance on matters relating to anti-money laundering;
- legal performance audit;
- advice on regulatory matters,
- representation of the client’s interests before supervisory authorities;
- preparation for the inspection by the Bank of Lithuania, representation during the inspection.
We delve into every situation and client’s needs and hear their expectations. We are flexible and strive to deliver the best result providing the highest quality within the shortest time framework.
YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM OUR CONTACTS AND RELIABLE BUSINESS PARTNERS
- As an active member of the Fintech community, we maintain close relationships with the kinds of institutions that are relevant to your business, including Invest Lithuania, the local start-up community and its hubs, industry associations, and the top universities that provide graduates to your field. So, with us you will be benefit from receiving instant access to a network that will help your business grow faster.
- The Fintech business is multi-layered, so you will definitely have different needs. We have a reliable network of partners who have significant experience with Fintech, so we can guarantee the quality of their services.